Green Business Practices
Minimize job-site waste: (1)
Cleary Building Corp. orders steel roof and side panels precut to the nearest inch and other materials specified to the exact number of items required for each individual building in order to minimize waste. Where economically feasible, material assemblies are constructed at the plants and shipped to the jobsite in order to reduce on-site cutting waste.
Make your business operations more environmentally responsible: Plan transportation to be as efficient as possible, purchase energy efficient vehicles, arrange carpools to jobsites, and schedule site visits (and visits to prospective clients) to minimize driving. (1)
Cleary Building Corp. provides their construction crews the option of carpooling to the jobsite direct
from each branch office. Cleary Management directs personnel to schedule visits to sites and clients
in such a manner as to minimize driving.
- Environmental Building News’ “Check list for Environmentally Responsible Design and Construction”
- Technical Bulletin : Draft #3 “Recycled Content of Metal Roofing and Siding panels” (information developed by Bill Croucher, P.E. Director-Engineering Fabral/Euramax)
- www.coolmetalroofing.org referred by Bill Croucher, Fabral
- Bill Croucher, Fabral
- Potlatch Corporation forest management philosophy.
- Frame Building News’ “Life Cycle Analysis, Cost” by Daniel Hindman, PhD